Hansard Society/Wegov event - Last Call & Updated Agenda!
There is just one week left for the joint Hansard/ WeGov event on social media and policy-making! Hansard Society and the WeGov project are delighted to invite you to this fascinating event with the title "More heat than light? Can social media inform policy making?"
The event will take place from 12 - 2pm on Tuesday 11th September, 2012 in Westminster, London (UK).
In a nutshell the Hansard Society/ WeGov event aims:
The event will address the following issues:
- to explore if social media can inform policy-making
- to explore the underlying issues that face this emerging field
- to demonstrate the finalized WeGov toolbox
High-profile speakers from the political sphere, civil society and the media will be featured in this event which will be chaired by Lord Toby Harris.
- Personal or public space - how do citizens feel about their views being used by policy-makers without their knowledge?
- Trust - do politicians need to be clearer about what they are using social media for?
- Representativeness - could using social media to inform policy advantage the views of the already privileged?
Audience participation is highly encouraged. There will be plenty of time for questions and discussion from the audience once the panellists have spoken. There will also be demonstrations of the WeGov toolkit before and after the panel discussion. Lunch will be provided from 12 noon.
- Rory Cellan-Jones - Technology Correspondent, BBC
- Deborah Mattinson - Director, Britain Thinks
- Nick Jones - Deputy Director of Digital Communications, Prime Minister's Office & Cabinet Office.
- Kevin Brennan MP - Social Media MP of the Year, 2010
- Nick Pickles - Director, Big Brother Watch
The joint Hansard/ WeGov event will be live Tweeted and interested stakeholders will be able to follow the debate and send in their questions using #WeGov! A recording of the debate will also be available on the Hansard Society and the WeGov websites shortly after the event.
Please Click Here to sign up for this event!